United Brethren has retired.

More on Mouw's comments

Baptist Press reports that some Evangelicals are not happy with the conciliatory comments offered by Fuller Theological Seminary President Richard Mouw at the recent Tabernacle event. Most interesting is Mouw's defense. In clarifying his own beliefs, Mouw has subsequently written, "For the record: I do not believe Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God; I do not accept the Book of Mormon as a legitimate revelation; I do not believe that temple baptism saves; I do not believe that all people will be saved."

He added, "[But] when my good friend [and Brigham Young University professor] Bob Millet says that his only plea when he gets to heaven is 'the mercy and merit of Jesus Christ,' I want to respond by saying with enthusiasm, 'Let's keep talking!'"

Comments

post a comment